Latin Girls Dating: Full Guide & Important Statistics
Want to know more about Latin women dating and about the dating etiquette in South American countries? We’ll tell you everything you need, and you’ll also find some true facts based on statistics in this post. If you want to understand Latin girls dating better, continue reading!
Latin women dating: how many females have married American men in 2019?
No surprises here — Brazil and Colombia are the most popular Latin countries when it comes to international relationships. These two South American countries are the countries with the most K-1 visas issued in 2019 — 1,065 Brazilians and 1,014 Colombians got married to US citizens last year. Women from such Latin countries as Peru, Venezuela, and Ecuador, are also quite popular among the US men (410, 288, and 264 K-1 visas issued respectively). In total, Latin Americans got 3,367 K-1 visas in 2019.
Why do American men like Latin ladies?
There is a stereotype about Latin girls dating who are hot, sexy, loyal, and passionate and who make great wives and mothers. It’s actually not a fake stereotype and lots of these women are really extremely attractive and family-centered, especially Mexican mail order brides! Another reason why American men love Latin women dating is that these women are very feminine and emotional — some guys from the US think that women who don’t hide their femininity are much better than, you know, cold and focused on career ladies.
Top facts about Latin dating culture
These three facts will help you understand Latin women dating better!
- They don’t think anything is wrong about the unpunctuality. It’s not about 100% of them, of course, but most Latin beauties are known for being late.
- Latin girls dating is emotional. Your Latin girlfriend will most likely always be worried about you, upset or even angry over silly things, etc, etc. And you’ll have to deal with that.
- Their families are important for them, so you'll have to bond with the family of your Latin gf. For some, it feels like a trial by fire, but if you're a decent guy, you have nothing to worry about.
Median age of first marriage with Latin girls
There is no clear pattern for South America when it comes to the age at first marriage. Thus, such countries as Ecuador, Colombia, and Paraguay, have quite a low median age at marriage (21.8, 22.3, and 22.7, respectively). At the same time, women typically get married for the first time in their 30s in such countries as Brazil (30) and Chile (32.6). The median age at first marriage in Argentina is 24.6, and in Mexico, it's 26 years old (yes, Mexico is a part of North America, but the word "Latino" refers to people from Mexico and Central America, too).
How many Latin females already have kids when they move to the US?
According to the official statistics provided by the US government, only 672 K-2 visas were issued in 2019 to the applicants from South America. K-2 visas let the children of the K-1 visa holders enter the United States (only if the children are unmarried and under 21). The countries with the most K-2 applicants are Colombia (265 K-2, 1,014 K-1), Brazil (149 K-2, 1,065 K-1), and Ecuador (73 K-2, 264 K-1). As you see from the statistics, Colombian and Ecuadorian women are more likely to have children before getting married to an American citizen than women from Brazil.
Latin girls dating services: statistics
South Americans love online dating — Brazil is one of the top world's countries with the highest percentage of dating app downloads. It's not about Tinder like in the US and in the UK — most Latin Americans prefer Badoo (as well as Mexicans, by the way). Badoo looks more like an app for those who are searching for serious relationships — thus, 12% of Badoo members found a serious relationship, according to the 2012 statistics. Tinder has a different reputation (30% of married users!), so we can guess Latin girls dating is more than a hookup for them when they're using dating apps.
What do American men expect from dating Latina?
There are some kinds of stereotypes that are often associated with Latin women dating, and these stereotypes are often the main things American men expect from dating a girl from South America. Thus, many men think that Latina girls such as Brazilian brides are passionate and very feminine, that they are good dancers and good cooks, that they are really beautiful, and that they put the family at the center. Well, it's impossible to say that 100% of Latinas are like this, but most of them have at least a few qualities from this list!
Age difference between Latin singles and their American husbands
The expected age gap between the spouses is about 4-7 years when we're talking about Latin America. The age gap is always larger when the couple got married before or on the arrival of a woman to the US (6.86 for South America, 5.14 for Mexico) than when the couple got married after the arrival of a woman (4.47 years and 4.20 years, respectively).
Don'ts in dating with Latin girl
Searching for the things you should not do in Latin women dating? Here they are!
- Don't call her spicy, feisty, and "Mami". Just don't use these words, especially the latter — she'll probably get angry with it.
- Don't get angry about her being late. That's a part of their national culture, but it's not a Latin-only thing — tardiness is acceptable in Morocco, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, and some other countries. There's just no sense in being angry with a Latina girl not being punctual!
- Don't be jealous. Latinas are hot and flirty sometimes, but they are also VERY loyal — so you don't need to worry about it!
Average length of a relationship with Latin bombshells
Typically, it's about 1-3 years — young adults usually date for one to three years before getting married in Brazil and some other Latin American countries. However, that's not the case when it comes to Ecuador and Paraguay where the age at first marriage is 21-22 years old for women. Argentina, Colombia, and Peru are the countries where people cohabitate more often before marriage, so in these countries, the average length of a relationship before marriage is higher.
Latin women are not perfect — like, they are sometimes too loud and too emotional — but at the same time, they are often very beautiful, feminine, fun, and really focused on a serious relationship. Lucky you, there are dozens of great international dating services with tens of thousands of beautiful girls from South America — so don’t waste your time and open this whole new world of Latin dating now!
Marina Egerton is one of the most experienced professionals in the dating industry. She takes part in national conferences and has publications in the top media on psychology, relationships, and self-presentation. Marina creates helpful content that teaches men the tools, opportunities, and other features of international dating.
Logan Ury is the director of relationship science at the dating app Hinge. In this role, Logan leads a research group that helps people find love. With a command, she investigates the behaviors and attitudes of successful daters. Logan has publications in The New York Times, The Atlantic, GQ, and Glamour.-
- Latin women dating: how many females have married American men in 2019?
- Why do American men like Latin ladies?
- Top facts about Latin dating culture
- Median age of first marriage with Latin girls
- How many Latin females already have kids when they move to the US?
- Latin girls dating services: statistics
- What do American men expect from dating Latina?
- Age difference between Latin singles and their American husbands
- Don'ts in dating with Latin girl
- Average length of a relationship with Latin bombshells